Wednesday, November 20, 2013

First Days in Minnesota

 I always find it funny how quickly I get the feeling that I never left. How quickly I forget that I do not live here when I come home to visit. Well there is the part where it has taken me a few minutes to remember which roads lead where. Which is embarassing for me because I used to know them really well. I don't know if this qualifies as a weekend update post but here is what we have been up to the last few days.

We woke up super early Friday morning to make our 17 hour drive to Minnesota. We both accidentally wore Minnesota sweatshirts and I grabbed my Minnesota blanket for the car. You could tell we were definitely ready to go.

It was a long drive but we did stop at Noodles and Company in Kansas City. We did not get here until 2 in the afternoon and it is sad to say that it is the closest one on our way home. Well I found out that they are phasing out my favorite dish and I am still bumming about it. Guess I have to find a new meal to enjoy there.

I ended up driving a lot more than I usually do because Richard had to do some school work. Boo. I could barely walk the next day because my lower back hurt so bad. Oh well. I feel fine now :)

We finally ended up at my sister's house around 8:30. Richard was then picked up by his dad to spend time at their house. We don't usually stay together which many people find weird but it works for us.

My sisters and I ended up staying up late just chatting. It was nice to talk to them and cry with them. They are the only people I feel like I can talk to about everything that has been happening lately so it was nice to be all together.

Saturday morning we woke up and headed out to take some family pictures of my sister, her husband and my nephew. Then we went to lunch with a friend of the family. I also got this picture of my nephew feeding the dog out of her dish. Why is he so dang cute. And his hat looks great thanks to my friend Kristen!

That night we went out with some friends for Richard's birthday to the Happy Gnome. It was my husband's pick and he loved it.

I started out the morning with a fun photo session that I am not allowed to share yet. But it was awesome and it made me feel all happy inside. Then I headed over to Richard's parents house to celebrate Richard's birthday. We had an amazing dinner and then we had cake and opened up presents.

After that I spent some time editing pictures while we watched the movie Man of Steel.

 Monday was Richard's birthday so we went to lunch at Cecil's deli in St. Paul. He loves that place, I on the other hand am not a big fan. But it was his birthday so I ate there anyway.

Then we had pizza for dinner and Richard, his brother Christopher and I went bowling together. I think I did a pretty good job of keeping up with the boys even if I did lose.

I went with my sister and my nephew to a baby reading group at the library over lunch. It was super cute. They have a bunch of babies in the same room with their parents and they sing songs and read books together. I am glad I was able to do that. Baby D was so happy to stand up and walk to his momma.

We have already done so much so far and I woke up this morning feeling sad that it is going to quickly. And I still have a week and a half left. Slow down please and thanks.

post signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...