Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weekend Update | East Coast

This weekend was a mix of emotions. We were happy and sad at different times during the weekend. Having a memorial service for my mom was difficult but at the end of the day it was nice to be able to see everybody. I will talk more about the memorial service tomorrow.

But for today we can talk about the rest of the weekend.

Richard and I flew out to Boston on Friday after work. We had a layover in Atlanta where we got Caribou Coffee and Qdoba. I was so excited to get Caribou I love that place and miss it a lot.

We landed in Boston at 12:30 am. We then took a bus that came at 1:15 am to where a family member parked a car for us. We then had to drive 4 hours to get to the cabin we were staying at. There was a lot of fog as we drove through the mountains which made it really hard to see. But we made it their safely at 6:30 am and were finally able to get some sleep. 

We woke up the next morning and I was finally able to see my sisters, dad, nephew, brother-in-law and future brother-in-law.

We held the memorial service that afternoon (more on that later). There were a lot of people that came that we had not seen in years it was really nice to see everybody. After the memorial service, we basically just hung out with everybody and eventually had a campfire. So here goes picture overload.

My cute nephew that I love to pieces and miss daily. Oh and on the right is my sister and her boyfriend. We make pretty good Aunties :).

This is me and my flower girl from our wedding. And I haven't seen her since the wedding two years ago and she has grown so much! In the picture on the right is me, my flower girl and her mom. I loved being able to see them again!

This is almost everybody hanging around the fire.

This picture is kinda fun. We are sitting on the steps of the house that my mom's family used to own and come to whenever they would go skiing at Gore Mountain. 

And more of my nephew. He is wearing the outfit that Richard and I bought him. I would have to say he looks pretty darn cute.

And some Auntie and Uncle shots. It took baby D some time to get used to Richard but eventually he warmed up and Richard was able to hold him. So cute.

And this is a picture of all of us with my aunt and uncle at their house watching football. We  love hanging out with them and were glad that they let us stay with them!

Then Richard and I left early Monday morning and we stopped at caribou coffee again. Seriously obsessed.

So that was part of our weekend. Tomorrow I will have more about the memorial service. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...